When should I call 911?

The police 9-1-1 dispatch is intended for emergency calls only.

If you see a crime in progress or suspects involved in a criminal act are still in the area call 9-1-1 immediately. Thunder Bay Police needs to be made aware of high priority calls such as assaults, robberies, break and enters, or any crimes against persons, right away. The best way of ensuring a fast response is using 9-1-1

General inquiry calls should be directed to our non-emergency line at 684-1200.


English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish