Frequently Asked Questions

The police 9-1-1 dispatch is intended for emergency calls only.

If you see a crime in progress or suspects involved in a criminal act are still in the area call 9-1-1 immediately. Thunder Bay Police needs to be made aware of high priority calls such as assaults, robberies, break and enters, or any crimes against persons... read more

To get a  Police Records Check completed you can attend the  Police Records Check office at police headquarters at 1200 Balmoral Street:

When?  Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday (Police Records Check​ is closed Fridays).

The staff in the Criminal Record Intake Office will be able to... read more

The Highway Traffic Act states that all motor vehicle collisions involving injury or death, where there is damage to highway property, and where the combined damage exceeds $1,000.00, must be reported to police. The type of motor vehicle collision you're involved in will determine the appropriate response.

If you are involved in a motor... read more

Description of Service


Criminal Record Search:


All Purpose/ Education/ Employment

$60 + HST ($67.80)

Volunteers (Unless exempted by Legislation)

$25+ HST ($28.25)



Reports... read more


English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish